At the end of September last year, our company launched an innovative material on the world market: CERAMO-TEX - with unique properties.
In short, this is a material with programmable foaming during printing. By varying the speed, flow and temperature of printing, it was possible to obtain different density of the polymer in a printout with 100% filling, from 0.9 to 0.55g / cm3.
Also of great interest was the decorative effect obtained on the surface of the final product - a texture that depends on the speed and temperature of printing the outer perimeter of the product.
- The achievable density of the polymer in the printout is reduced to 0.55g / cm3!
- minimum density and maximum foaming are consistently achievable at print speeds up to 100mm / s!
- polymer density and surface texture vary exclusively by printing temperature (220-270C) and polymer flow (feed).
- the bar is fracture resistant - the minimum bending radius is up to 25mm.
New chemical characteristics:
- the material is stably dissolved and treated with acetone.
- the material is completely immune to the exposure to limonene (Limonene-D). That is, cheap limonene-soluble dual-extruder support materials are now available.
Several photos to illustrate the density of materials.
The size of the text cube is 40x40x40mm.
Printing with 100% filling.
1 - Ceramo
Sample density – 1,07 g/cm3
2 – Ceramo-Tex
80 mm/s, 245C, flow 0.75
Sample density – 0,78 g/cm3
3 – Ceramo-Tex
80mm/s, 260C, flow 0.65
Sample density – 0,66 g/cm3
4 – Ceramo-Tex
80 mm/s, 265C, flow 0.5
Sample density – 0,54 g/cm3
- temperature stability of the polymer and the range of available printing temperatures: 205-270C you can select the temperature for a fairly wide range of printing speeds, object sizes and geometric characteristics. The material does not boil at temperatures up to 270C
- the bar has become more resistant to fracture - the minimum bending radius is up to 20mm.
- the material can be dissolved and treated with acetone, like normal ABS.
- the material is completely immune to the action of limonene (Limonene-D). That is, cheap limonene-soluble dual-extruder support materials are now available.
Their main advantages
- high hardness
- heat resistance up to 102C
- pliability to mechanical processing
- food grade polymers (all components are FDA approved for contact with hot food)
- textured print surface (for CERAMO-TEX) and properties imitating ceramics (for CERAMO)
We wish you all creative and technical success!